Cancer Support Group
Thursdays, January 31 – March 21
7 p.m. in Room 132
The Cancer Support Group meets the needs of those with cancer or who have ever had cancer, as well as family members and friends of those with cancer.
Each meeting includes a speaker on various topics followed by an all-important sharing time. The support and growth experienced in these groups is invaluable and amazing.
For more information, please call Laura Brickley or Celeste Hanes. Get their contact information from the Church office at 248-651-9361 or email Karen Rider.
Do you or someone you know have cancer? If so, there is help, hope, and support awaiting you.
This non-denominational support group is open to the community for cancer survivors, both those going through treatment now or in the past, as well as for family members, friends and caregivers. We would love to have you join us for as many of these meetings as you can make during the session.
- 7 – 7:30 p.m. Speaker Presentation
- 7:30 – 9 p.m. Group Sharing with a Facilitator
- Receive support from those who have gone through what you are currently experiencing
- Understand your cancer and your reaction to your disease from expert speakers
- Regain control of that part of your life that matters most
- Unburden yourself and give support by sharing your experiences
It takes a lot of courage to walk into your first meeting; but, once you do, you will never be sorry you did. The bonding one feels to others in the group is amazingly supportive, enriching, and vital.