Human Trafficking Awareness Seminar
Sunday, October 22
6 p.m. in Sanctuary and Hickey Hall
United Methodist Women and Health Ministries is providing a seminar on Human Trafficking. This is a difficult subject but impacts our local community as well as the global stage and economy. Come and learn what is happening in our community, what to be aware of and how to prevent this abuse.
- Skilled presenter, Lt. Wendy Reyes, from the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, will speak to adults and high school youth.
- Middle high youth and their parents will see a film and interact with the chairman of the Michigan Abolitionist Project which works to prevent human trafficking.
- All youth from 6th grade and older are encouraged to attend.
- Parent permission is required if students will be unaccompanied.
- Free, walk-in child care available during the event.
Please RSVP to the church office at 248-651-9361.
This will be the Youth Group event on October 22. All youth 6th grade and older are invited but need their parent’s permission to attend.