St. Paul's Mission Project 2020
2020 Mission Project – Education in Liberia
Raise $30,000 for scholarships for school age children and facilities improvements at Henri Denis School in Monrovia, Liberia
For the past seven years St. Paul’s Missions Council has supported global and local mission projects in alternating years. The St. Paul’s family has been very generous with their time, talent and treasure raising well over $200,000 to support projects like Water for Life, Cass Tiny Homes, Imagine No Malaria, and Methodist Children’s Home.
For 2020 the Council has decided to refocus on Liberia – specifically, scholarships for school age children and facilities improvements at Henri Denis School. This project is also consistent with a wider scholarship effort being proposed by the Michigan Annual Conference.
Our fund-raising goal for 2020 is $30,000.
• $15,000 will support continuing scholarships for the children at Henri Dennis and other United Methodist schools. This will cover $7500 per year in 2020 and 2021.
• An additional $15,000 will be dedicated to supporting the solar power network needed for the school (or similar facilities upgrades).
• In 2021 we will select a local mission but still be able to continue our scholarship support for the targeted students.
This project is clean, simple and consistent with our previous efforts in Liberia. We are especially focused on providing scholarships on a continuous basis, as an educated populace is the best way to cure poverty, corruption and inequality. Look for monthly project updates and opportunities to support and become involved.
What You Can Do
• Offer a Gift Please write “Liberia Education” on the envelope and the memo line of your check to St. Paul’s UMC.
• Give using the St. Paul’s app.
• Run or walk in the 2020 Brooksie Way on Sunday, September 27
Register at thebrooksieway.com using St. Paul’s Rochester UMC group name. Use discount codes below:
The first code – ending in “A” should be used when registering for the half marathon or training program. The second code – ending in “B” should be used for the 10k and 5k race. (Please note – Training Program registration will include a free entry into the half, 10k or 5k race, depending upon the program you select.)
2020 Discount Codes for St. Paul’s Rochester
• Raise funds in support of your participation
Ask family and friends to donate.
• Unable to participate in the event?
Support a church member!