VIRTUAL Rummage Sale
2020 VIRTUAL Rummage Sale
- Donation submissions accepted through October 2
- Donations available for purchase on Cheddar Up site October 5 – 12
- Drop off items that sell (you will be notified) at Church on October 14
- Purchased items must be picked up October 16
Please join us in raising money for missions through St. Paul’s United Methodist Women. Since in-person sales are not possible at this time, we invite you to participate in an on-line virtual sale. As always, all money raised will benefit women, children and youth.
Please read this notice carefully!
How to Donate:
- Please send a picture of the item/s you would like to donate to: StPaulsRummageUMW@gmail.com
- Include a description of the item/s and note any flaws (on furniture: scratches, dings, cracks, etc.)
- Item/s must be marketable for $10 or more
- Our committee will review and respond to your email
- If your item is approved, we will establish the selling price for the item
- Unfortunately, we may need to refuse an item if we think it will not sell
- We will gladly accept any donated goods or services from a small business.
- Examples would include, but are not limited to, Tupperware, Thirty-one, or even gift cards to businesses/restaurants.
- Any gift baskets should be wrapped in cellophane to keep contents protected and secure.
- Please include an approximate value of the item
- All donations are tax deductible and accepted until October 2
Suggested Items to Donate:
- Gift baskets, which you would put together
- Gift cards to local businesses
- Vendor items: Tupperware, Thirty-one, Party Light, etc.
- Collectibles: glassware (sets of 4, 6, 8+), dish sets (servings for 4 or more), pottery, pewter, figurines, and other nice non-porous items
- Exercise equipment
- Smaller furniture items, such as end tables, small dressers, tables, small desks, etc. (can be wood, metal, or plastic)
- Holiday: could be a grouping of like items
- High-quality housewares, like cookware, knife sets, small working appliances, etc.
- Lawn furniture/patio sets
- Tools: could be a grouping of items
- Toys: only larger, easy-to-clean items
Items NOT accepted in this Virtual Sale:
- Car seats and cribs
- Clothing and shoes
- Couches, love seats, and upholstered chairs
- Linens: sheets, blankets, afghans, tablecloths, pillows, etc. (no fabric items)
- Stuffed animals
When you donate:
- You keep the item/s until after the online sale ends
- If your item/s is purchased, you will be notified
- Please drop it off to St. Paul’s on October 14, 9 – 11 a.m. or 6 – 8 p.m.
- We’ll practice no contact drop-off as much as possible, but sellers are required to wear a mask if they exit their car to assist with unloading
- If your item/s is not purchased, you simply keep it
We will gladly accept and appreciate tax-deductible monetary donations as well.
- Checks can be made payable to St. Paul’s UMW and mailed to St. Paul’s UMW, 620 Romeo Street, Rochester, MI 48307, and please note “Rummage Sale” on the memo line.
- If paying by credit card you can give online using the St. Paul’s website stpaulsrochester.org or the Cheddar Up site, https://umw-donation.cheddarup.com.